Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Texas Chili Cheese Fries

Mmmmm omg these were so good.
WARNING: DO NOT CONSUME UNLESS YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE. Haha.
There is absolutely nothing healthy about this recipe.

The other day I looked through my fridge at the leftovers I have and found some leftover chili I wanted to use. My husband decided he wanted some fries so I decided to try and make chili cheese ones! I don't have a deep fryer, so I fried some on the stovetop. I also baked some in the oven.

yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into strips
vegetable oil
chili
shredded cheddar cheese
jalapeno peppers (from a jar)
sour cream

To Fry:
Fill a skillet with enough vegetable oil to cover your potatoes. Heat on medium heat. When nice and hot, carefully add potato strips so as not to splash any hot oil. Fry until they turn golden (they'll shrink a little). Take them out with some tongs or a slotted spoon and place on a plate with paper towels to soak up the grease.
Cover a cookie sheet with foil. Layer fries, then chili, jalapenos, then cheese. Put in the oven at 425 degrees for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted.

To bake:
Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Place potato strips on it and bake at 425 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
Put chili, jalapenos, and cheese on top. Put them back in the oven for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted.


Sorry the photos aren't very good quality. :\

No comments:

Post a Comment