Saturday, December 25, 2010

Chicken Fajitas

I'm not sure where I found this recipe originally, but I recently discovered it written on an index card, shoved in a stack of recipes in my kitchen drawer. It's been so long since I made these I couldn't remember how they tasted, so I decided to make them tonight. These are amazing!!! :)

3T lemon juice
3/4tsp salt
1tsp ground pepper
1tsp garlic powder
1tsp liquid smoke
1 med. onion, sliced into thin rings
2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
8 flour tortillas
3T oil
1 green pepper, cut into little strips

Toppings:
shredded lettuce
shredded cheese of choice
sour cream
chopped up tomato

Combine lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and liquid smoke in small bowl. Add chicken and stir to coat.

Cover and chill 30 minutes. Wrap tortillas in foil; bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Heat oil in skillet on medium heat. Add chicken (not marinade, but keep it reserved) and cook 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly or till tender. Add marinade, bell pepper and onion; saute until vegetables are crisp-tender.

Remove from heat. Fill warmed tortillas with chicken mixture and, if desired, top with cheese, lettuce, tomato and sour cream.
This chicken smells and tastes sooo good! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment