Monday, December 13, 2010

First Installment

Snowmen Cake Pops

Haha! Can you tell I'm an amateur? I heard about this recipe for Snowmen Cake Pops on the Today Show last week. Yes, they are technically supposed to be on lollipop sticks, but I couldn't find any at Walmart so I decided not to use them.
This is what the recipe is supposed to be:
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/40535500/ns/today-foodwine/

So here's how it all went down:

1 box cake mix
1 can vanilla frosting
1 pkg. vanilla candy coating
chocolate chips
sprinkles

I baked the angel food cake and crumbled it up after it cooled down. Then I dropped a couple big scoops of the frosting in there and mixed it all up with my hands. Rolling big and large balls of the mixture I tried to make the shape of small snowmen and placed them on a cookie sheet. After chilling them in the fridge for awhile, I melted the candy coating in the microwave. After stirring the melted candy making sure there were no lumps, I at first rolled the cake snowmen in the candy coating. However, this ended with broken up cake. That's when I started drizzling the coating over the snowmen still on the cookie sheet. That's why it's so messy! Before the coating dried I decorated them a little.
      Unfortunately my snowmen didn't turn out anything like Angie Dudley's but seeing as this was the first time I've ever made cake pops, I'm not too worried. They tasted amazing though! No matter how messy they look. A lot like something by Little Debbie...or Hostess Ding-Dongs minus the filling, haha!

1 comment: