Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Big Soft Pretzels

I kept thinking I had already posted this recipe on here, but I guess I haven't. This is my all time favorite snack/appetizer to serve people. :) Probably because I looooove soft pretzels so I assume everyone else does too, haha.

1 1/2c warm water
1pkg yeast
2T brown sugar
1 1/8tsp salt
1c bread flour
3c regular flour
2c warm water
2T baking soda
coarse kosher salt to taste
2-4T melted butter
1egg, slightly beaten

Sprinkle yeast on lukewarm water in mixing bowl; stir to dissolve. Add sugar, salt, and stir to dissovle; add flour and knead dough until smooth and elastic. Let rise 1/2 hour. While dough is rising, prepare a baking soda water bath with 2c warm water and 2T baking soda. Stir often. After dough has risen, pinch off bits of dough and roll into a long rope; shape into a pretzel. Dip pretzel into soda solution and place on *greased* baking sheet. Allow pretzels to rise again. Brush with egg and sprinkle with salt. Bake in a 450 degree oven for 8-10min or until golden brown. Brush with softened butter, and serve!

Sorry the pictures suck!
My camera screen is broken so we'll all just have to deal with it until I get a new one.
:\ *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment