Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sopapilla Cheesecake

Ms. Courtney introduced me to this incredible recipe. I've made cheesecake before, but never with crescent roll dough! I was skeptical, but after one bite I was done for...I had to send half of it to work with my husband just to keep myself from eating it all!

3 (8oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
1 1/2c sugar
1 1/2tsp vanilla
2 (8oz) cans crescent roll dough
1/2c melted butter
1/2c sugar
1tsp cinnamon
1/4c sliced almonds

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat the cream cheese with 1 1/2c sugar, and the vanilla in a bowl until smooth. Unroll the cans of crescent roll dough, and use a rolling pin to shape each piece into 13x9in rectangles. Press one pice into the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish. Spread cream cheese mix on top. cover with the remaining crescent dough piece. Drizzle melted butter on top of the cheesecake. Stir 1/2c sugar and cinnamon together in small bowl then sprinkle over the cheesecake. Sprinkle the almonds on top. Bake ~ 45min or until the crescent roll dough has puffed up and turned golden brown. Cool completely (in the fridge) before cutting into 12 squares.

*Lum Lum*

1 comment: